- Anterior fibular & posterior tibial glide to improve knee flex
- Posterior fibular & anterior tibial glide to improve knee ext
Accessory Motion Technique
- Patient Position:
- supine position with the knee in the open-packed position and a bolster or wedge just proximal to the knee.
- May be pre-positioned the knee in varying degrees of flexion to the point of restriction.
- Clinician position & Hand Placement:
- Stands on ipsilateral side
- Stabilizing contact: Hold distal femur against the bolster with belt
- Mobilizing contact: For anterolateral mobilization, fingers grasp posterior aspect of proximal fibular head with forearm in direction of force; for posteromedial mobilization, heel of hand contacts anterior aspect of proximal fibular head with forearm in direction of force
- Force Application:
- One mobilizing hand exerts an anterolaterally directed force to fibular head with posteromedial force to tibia through other mobilizing hand for flex
- One mobilizing hand exerts posterolaterally directed force to fibular head with anteromedial force to tibia through other mobilizing hand for ext
Hôm nay là ngày 04-12-2023